Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Still percolating

I’m still processing all of this information regarding roles and being part of a church body. I wish I could sit and write about it now but it’s late and I have to be somewhere in the morning.

For those of you who are desperately awaiting the next installment of Bats in the Belfry:

Is she crazy? Will she ever make sense of her life? What has she decided to do about all of this stuff?

Yes, the thoughts are still percolating but some of them are coming together. Where will I be six months from now? Will I be sitting in a café in Paris, writing a Nobel Prize winning piece of literature? Will I be in Africa? Do I need a sabbatical? These are all possibilities. Suffice it to say, I am feeling less trapped. Less trapped=less depressed I won’t stop taking the SAMe supplements yet though. And the occasional quarter of a tablet of valerian. I do feel a sense of regret that I have allowed my self to be in bondage to a bunch of idiotic expectations all these years. Basically my entire grown life and a few of the teen years have been spent in this misery. What a waste. For any readers who are young, ditch the phony expectations. Do it now. Turn off your computer, go someplace quiet, write them all down and then burn them. Or perform some other ritual that will accomplish the same thing. And if anyone comes at you yakking about expectations, unless it is your boss or something like that… don’t be tempted to morph yourself into something that you are not like I have done over and over and over… ad infinitum.

No comments: