Thursday, November 13, 2008
Top 10 Reasons to Become a VEGAN
1. No more handling raw meat! YAY!
2. Losing weight. (so I hear!)
3. It can get your blood sugar levels back to normal and reduce high
cholesterol, to mention a few health benefits.
4. You get to try out a whole bunch of yummy new recipes.
5. You get to use all kinds of weird food items that you've never used before:
kombu, mellow miso paste, kudzu, egg replacer, nori, tempeh, amaranth,
shoyu, mochi, tamari paste... oh boy!
6. You get to eat salad and bread for breakfast when you forget to bring your
own darn food when eating out.
7. People admire your dedication and tenacity (secretly they think you are
8. Did I mention the hummus is homemade? More beans?
9. The rest of your family gets food poisoning from bad burritos and you don't.
(if only you could get off barf clean-up duty!)
10. It's subversive. I'm all about that!